National Prime Rib Day with Texas Roadhouse
Texas Roadhouse Prime Rib for National Prime Rib Day
Equipment: Mixing bowl
Prime Rib Rub ½ cup rub per 6 oz. of prime rib
Water 2 cups
* Create your rub using your favorite seasonings and a little bit of liquid.
* Using the rub make sure to cover then entire piece of meat you are cooking, including the bottom.
* Place seasoned piece of meat in the roasting pan and cover with plastic wrap.
* Allow to sit at least 4 hours refrigerated, with the preference being overnight.
* Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
* Adjust your shelves placing one shelf on the very bottom and one shelf in the center of the oven for the meat.
* Using a metal pan, fill it with water and place it on the bottom shelf of the oven.
* Place the roasting pan with meat in the oven uncovered.
* Using a stay-in-place thermometer check the internal temperature of the meat every 30 minutes after the first hour of cooking.
* Once meat is finished cooking remove from the oven.
* Once the Prime Rib is cooked to your desired doneness (see chart below), carve into steaks of your desired thickness and serve.
Note: 140 – rare to medium rare
150 – medium
160 – medium well
170 – well
* The temperatures are a guide for your cooking determinations