Texas Roadhouse tips for hosting a Legendary Super Bowl Party:
· Party Space & Seating: Since the party revolves around watching the big game, make sure you have plenty of viewing space available. First, choose where you want everyone to watch the game – either on one big TV or on multiple TVs set up in rooms around the house. Then provide enough comfortable seating for everyone.
· Decorations: Use lots of football themed party decorations including team colors and mascots. Incorporate team colors into balloons, streamers, plates, napkins, and plates. You can even add some themed décor to represent the host city.
· Menu: What’s a Super Bowl party without great food? Finger foods, appetizers, and snacks are perfect. The game lasts 3 to 4 hours, so serving food buffet style is best. Changing food selections periodically keeps food fresh and interesting.
· Party Attire: Ask guests to wear the team colors or jersey of their favorite team to create a competitive, but friendly atmosphere for your party.
· Rate the Commercials: The Super Bowl commercials are always highly anticipated. Make a fun game out of ranking the best and worst commercials. Ask guests to write down their picks for best and worst commercial. At the end of the game tally the votes.
Texas Roadhouse BBQ Pulled Pork:
2 T. Liquid Smoke
1 cup tap water
1 each Whole Pork Shoulder/Boston Butt
2/3 cup Seasoned Salt
1 T. Black Pepper
2 cups of your favorite BBQ Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 225° F.
2. Pour the liquid smoke, and water into the bottom of a roasting pan.
3. Place a roasting rack into the pan.
4. Rub the entire exterior of the shoulder with the seasonings.
5. Place the seasoned shoulder onto the rack, fat side up, then cover the pan with a tight fitting lid.
6. Place the covered pan into the hot oven, and roast for 5 to 6 hours.
7. Remove the pan from the oven carefully. The meat should be very tender, and between 190 - 200°F.
8. Remove the meat from the pan and break it into five or six pieces using tongs.
9. Allow the meat to cool for 15 – 30 minutes until it is cool enough to touch.
10. Break the meat into 1” by 2” chunks, remove any undesirable fat or gristle, and place the meat into a mixing bowl.
11. Gently stir in the sauce with a rubber spatula.
12. Transfer the sauced meat into 2” deep x 9” wide x 13” long (cake or aluminum) pans and cover with a lid or foil.
1. Bake at 350°F for 20 – 30 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 170°F is achieved.
2. Serve and enjoy.
1. Refrigerate for use the next day. Cool it quickly (within 2 – 3 hours) to an internal temperature below 40°F to keep it safe.
2. Bake at 350°F for 30 - 40 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 170°F is achieved.
3. Serve and enjoy.