Athlete of the Week: Dunbar's Hollingsworth
Dunbar senior Taveion Hollingsworth is the Fox 56 High School Sports Extra Athlete of the Week presented by Bluegrass Orthopedics. Hollingsworth became Dunbar's all-time leading scorer Thursday night, passing the mark set by Darnell Burton. Hollingsworth totaled 25 points in a 74-69 win over Bryan Station. Hollingsworth also recorded his 600th career rebound, which is the fourth most in school history. Hollingsworth now has 2,201 career points and could make a run at the Lexington/Fayette County high school career scoring record held by Mike Allen. According to the Lexington Herald-Leader, here are the city's top five all-time scorers.
Lexington/Fayette County high school basketball all-time leading scorers:
1. Mike Allen, Bryan Station - 2,408 points (1989)
2. Jackson Davis, Lafayette - 2,343 (2014)
3. Mike Smith, Sayre & Dunbar - 2,324 (2013)
4. Taveion Hollingsworth, Dunbar - 2,201 (2017)
5. Darnell Burton, Dunbar - 2,192 (1993)