Lexington Police say the order was intercepted and stolen by an unidentified man at the FedEx Ship Center on Mercer Road June 17th. Surveillance video shows the man being let in by an unsuspecting FedEx employee.
According to investigators, several computers valued at over $10,000 were being tracked by the medical facility’s IT person, who got concerned when the items showed they’d been signed for, but not delivered.
Detectives backtracked to find a “heavy set, white male with a distinct limp” is behind the heist and now they want to know who he is and if he had help.
“He had to have,” Det. Anthony Delimpo said. “Because obviously he wasn’t a FedEx employee and he wasn’t an employee of this medical facility either. So he had to have some inside knowledge somewhere to be able to show up have tracking numbers for this stuff, intercept it and ultimately steal all of these computers.”
MORE CRIME STOPPERS:
- Lexington Police looking for man with four warrants
- Lexington Police seek “calm, cool” bank robber
- Lexington woman wanted for exploiting an adult
- Thieves pose as golfers, steal from cars at Lexington country club
- See all Bluegrass Crime Stoppers stories here
Your information is completely anonymous and your tip could earn you up to a $1,000 cash reward.