LEXINGTON, Ky. (FOX 56) – It happened in a split second. A Lexington woman said she briefly walked away from her shopping cart and returned to find her wallet gone.
As if life hasn’t been hard enough on Sophia Dixon, an unidentified thief made things much more complicated when he stole her wallet from the Gabe’s retail store on Richmond Road, March 2.
“I had a heart attack. I’m a single parent,” Dixon said. “I have things here that I have to do and I can’t do because some fool wanted to grab my wallet.”
Dixon said she realized within 60 seconds of the crime that his wallet was gone, but watching the surveillance video for the first time to see how he did it, was another punch to the gut.
“That fast. Are you kidding me?”
It’s a tough lesson learned. Her cash, credit and vaccine cards, personal items, and even her insulin disappeared that day. Along with her sense of security.
“It is just the stress of going to sleep at night knowing that somebody that you don’t know has all of your information and your kids information,” Dixon said.
MORE CRIME STOPPERS:
- Severely neglected dog found dead in Lexington dumpster
- Thief swipes diamond from Lexington jewelry store
- Trailer stolen from Lexington business
- Police: Thief stole personal items, pricey figurines from Lexington business
- Lexington woman wanted for counterfeit, trafficking charges
- See all Bluegrass Crime Stoppers stories here
If you recognize the man, Crime Stoppers will pay you up to $1,000 cash for your anonymous information. Call the tip line at 859-253-2020 or go online to p3tips.com. Crime Stoppers doesn’t need your name, just your information about the thief.