LEXINGTON, Ky. (FOX 56) – Lexington Police said a contractor was putting the finishing touches on a business in the 900 block of National Avenue on Sunday, Aug 1.
He left his tools in the building, but police said he also set up cameras.
That’s when he found someone had broken into the building and loaded up a trash bag full of items from the work site on this Crime Stoppers Crime of the Week.
“This is a business district, and on a Sunday, so there wasn’t a lot of bodies out here or a lot of people to see what was going on,” Det. Anthony Delimpo said. “Maybe that’s why he chose Sunday instead of Saturday evening, but he brought his own bag and probably scoped the place out before and came in here and just took what he wanted.”
MORE CRIME STOPPERS:
- Lexington Police looking for man with parole warrant
- Lexington hardware store hit by burglars for 6th time
- Lexington Police hoping to identify catalytic converter thieves
- Burglar shoots his way into Lexington gas station
- See all Bluegrass Crime Stoppers stories here
Your information is completely anonymous, and your tip could earn you up to a $1,000 cash reward.