LEXINGTON, Ky. (WDKY) – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet District 7 provided an update on high water and related situations that are impacting roads in Central Kentucky.
The following closures and openings were reported as of 11 a.m. Wednesday, March 3.
- Tyrone Pike/KY 1510 – closed on one side at milepoint 0.431 due to water over the roadway
Note: this location is near Cedar Brook Bridge with high water on the opposite side of the route at this same area.
- Mina Station Road/KY 1028 – closed between MP 0.0 and 2.0
- Athens Boonesboro Road/KY 418 – closed between MP 4.0 and 5.0
- Red River Road/KY 974 – closed between MP 9.0 and 10.0
- Ford Road/KY 1924 – closed between MP 0.0 and 1.0
- Old Richmond Road/KY 2328 – closed between MP 0.0 and 0.517 (the Fayette-Madison Co. line and Beach Road)
Note: Beach Road (an LFUCG route) remains open at this time
- Leavell Ridge Road/KY 1971 – closed between MP 2.54 and 2.552
- Redhouse Road/KY 388 – closed between MP 10.0 and 11.5
- Crooksville Road/KY 499 – now open at MP 4.402
- Jacks Creek Road/KY 1156 – closed at MP 9.262
Note: this location is near the bridge at the end where Jacks Creek Road/KY 1156 meets Tates Creek Road/KY 169
- Tates Creek Road/KY 169 – closed between MP 11.0 and 11.8
- River Road/KY 2328 – closed at MP 1.6
Note: this location is the Madison-Fayette County line – water is over the road on the Fayette County side with the bridge closed.
- Nest Egg Road/KY 646 – one lane on this route is closed at MP 7.44 due to a road slide
Note: this location is near the Clark County line
- Clifton Road/KY 1964 – closed between milepoints 365 and 17.804 (
Note: this location is between the intersection with Buck Run Road and Hippe Agee Road
Routes with high water: water is over the roadway with warning signage in place
- Crooksville Road/KY499 – between MP 1.00 and 1.4
- Tates Creek Road/KY 169 – MP 2.2
- Union City Road/KY 1986 – MP 1.5