(WEHT)– Analysts found the main reason why people across the nation are not getting vaccinated is that they are concerned about side effects, according to Quote Wizard’s study. Nationwide, 55% of people say concerns over side effects are why they are holding off on getting a COVID shot.
The number of people across the nation who say they don’t trust the vaccine has risen from 37% to 42% since early August when Quote Wizard’s initial vaccination hesitancy report was released.
The number of people who say they don’t trust the government went from 28% to 34% within a couple of weeks.
In Kentucky, where 24.2% of the population is still unvaccinated, Quote Wizard found that:
- 60% are worried about side effects
- 47% are waiting to see if it’s safe
- 41% don’t trust COVID-19 vaccines
- 37% don’t trust the government
- 29% don’t believe they need it
- 18% don’t think COVID-19 is a big threat
Two weeks ago, 48% of the Kentucky population was unvaccinated. The main reasons why people in Kentucky weren’t vaccinated are:
- 58% are worried about side effects
- 43% don’t trust COVID-19 vaccines
- 41% are waiting to see if it’s safe
- 39% don’t trust the government
- 21% don’t believe they need it