MADISON COUNTY, Ky. (FOX 56) – The boil water advisory has been lifted for Churchill Drive, Calumet Drive, and Claiborne Drive residents.
A boil advisory has been issued in Madison County as of 4:55 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 9.
The water advisory has been issued for residents of Churchill Drive, Calumet Drive, and Claiborne Drive due to a water line break.
According to Richmond Utilities:
- For water to be fit for human consumption, water should be boiled for 3 minutes.
- Hot soapy water can be used for dishwashing and kitchen/bathroom surface cleaning. As a precaution, add one tablespoon of bleach per gallon of water.
- Laundry water does not need to be treated.
- Unless otherwise instructed, water for showering does not need to be treated.
- If water is not safe for drinking because of bacteria, hand washing with soap and water followed by disinfection with an alcohol based disinfectant is recommended.