Coroner identifies Pulaski County child killed in fire

    <p>Family Photo{/p}

    SCIENCE HILL, Ky. (WDKY) - The Pulaski County Coroner's Office has identified the boy killed in a Wednesday morning house fire.

    Hunter Denny, 12, would die in the fire on Keeney Road, east of Science Hill.

    The coroner said a couple and their two children were living in the home. The parents and a 5-year-old girl escaped the fire. Family said Hunter Denny re-entered the home in hopes of rescuing pets, but he couldn't make it back out. Denny was a 6th grader at Science Hill Independent School.

    A family member tells FOX 56 the fire likely started with a heat lamp kept on the back porch to keep pets warm.

    Funeral arrangements will be handled by Morris & Hislope.

    News In Photos

      Loading ...