Lawrence Co. officials urging smokers to be careful with cigarette butts


    CigaretteButt.jpg

    Officials in Lawrence County are reminding drivers who smoke to be certain their cigarette butts are out before disposing of them.

    The reminder comes after crews had to put out an extensive brush fire that broke out in the median of US 23.

    Lawrence County EMA said the brush fire is suspected to have started because of a cigarette butt.

    Drier air also increases the chances a cigarette butt could catch brush on fire.

    News In Photos

      Loading ...