LEXINGTON, Ky. (FOX 56) – A scary situation for some of Lexington’s trash collectors on Tuesday as their truck caught fire. It happened near Leestown Middle School around 10:30 a.m.

No injuries were reported. The cause of the fire is still unknown but Maj. Richard Harris said it’s possible a battery malfunction ignited the flames.

“So, what we believe has happened is, possible that the batteries has failed on this truck that caused the fire and it also could have been possible where there is a blade inside the vehicle that trash got behind and pushed up against the exhaust and caused heavily damaged and there were multiple explosions due to the content and gasses inside the truck,” said Harris.