LEXINGTON, Ky. (FOX 56) – Lexington is hosting a free paper shredding event on Saturday, Nov. 13, at 1631 Old Frankfort Pike.
Fayette County residents can bring up to five boxes or bags between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. The city is asking those who plan to attend to enter via Jimmie Campbell Drive.
The city said you can load the materials in the back of your car, pop your trunk, and crews will take care of the rest.
Shred-it destroys the paper on-site with their mobile shredding trucks. The shreds are then recycled into low-grade paper products.
The city notes:
- No wet materials will be accepted.
- No plastic binders or binder clips should be included with materials.
- Staples, paper envelopes, and paper clips are acceptable.
- Participants are asked not to arrive before 9 a.m. as event organizers will be unable to accommodate anyone before that time.
- Cardboard boxes will be collected at the event and sent to the Lexington Recycling Center.