LEXINGTON, Ky. (FOX 56) – Saturday was a big day for Lexington’s Malakai Roberts.
The 6-year-old shooting victim was recognized for his courage and resiliency during halftime of the Citrus Bowl in Orlando.
Malakai’s mom, Cacy Roberts, posted a video of her son walking onto the field.
VRBO, which sponsored Saturday’s game, took care of the expenses for the family’s eight-day trip to Florida.
- Five-year-old boy blinded after someone fires shots into a Lexington home
- Mother of Lexington 5-year old shot in head shares her story
- Two teens charged in shooting that blinded Lexington boy
- Case against teens charged in shooting that blinded little boy moves ahead to Fayette Co. Grand Jury
- Back-to-school celebration held for little boy blinded in Lexington shooting
In 2020, Malakai was blinded by bullets that were shot into his home on Catera Trace.
Two men are facing charges in the shooting.