Back in October, 18-year-old Hazelwood was found unresponsive in the FarmHouse Fraternity. He later died at UK Hospital.
The Fayette County coroner said at the time, the preliminary cause of Hazelwood’s death was from drinking too much alcohol. The toxicology report confirmed he died of alcohol toxicity.
- UK student remembered at vigil on campus
- Two parallel investigations underway into death of UK student
- Lexington doctor warns about dangers of excessive drinking
- UK Police logged liquor law violation at FarmHouse
- UK suspending activities for all new fraternity members in wake of student’s death
The coroner’s office said University of Kentucky Police found no foul play in the case, and no charges will be filed.
University officials said the two investigations UK has been conducting into the incident—one by police and the other by the Office of Student Conduct—are nearing completion, and they will discuss the results when the reviews are complete.
UK said new member activities are still on hold, and FarmHouse continues to be prohibited from conducting any activities.