LEXINGTON, Ky. (FOX 56) – A house fire occurred in Lexington overnight on a property on Boysenberry Street.

The Lexington Fire Department said the flames started in a shed near the house and spread into the residence.

Officials report two dogs were rescued from the burning building, one resident was treated on the scene.

Homeowner Carlos Ochoa said he was thankful for the quick response of the fire department and thankful his family is safe.

With this being the second overnight fire in two days, Lexington Emergency Management wants to remind residents to make sure their smoke alarms are on and functioning properly.