The bright green costumes and festive floats have not graced the streets of Lexington for two years because of the pandemic. Regardless of the hiatus, the event holds the title of the longest-running civic event in the city with this year being the 41st annual.
“Our yearly festival lineup features musicians, singers, and dancers from across Kentucky and (sometimes) around the world!” said festival organizers.
There will also be a variety of vendors selling food and drinks tailored for the Irish holiday.
Main event schedule:
- 8 a.m. – Shamrock Shuffle 3K benefitting the Lexington Habitat for Humanity
- 10:45 a.m. – Irish Festival begins
- 11 a.m. – “Blessing of the Keg” held at Alltech tent
- 1 p.m. – St. Patrick’s Parade begins
Vendor and parade applications opened in mid-January. Deadlines to apply are as follows:
- Concession vendor applications – February 11
- Festival vendor applications – February 21
- Parade entry applications – March 1
For more information regarding the Lexington St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival, find them on Facebook at Facebook.com/LexStPatsParade.