Eckert’s Orchard, 1396 Pinckard Pike, announced in a news release that it plans to offer 20% off from Friday until May 6, in honor of its seasonal opening.
Strawberry season is one of the earliest spring fruits and Eckert’s plans to celebrate with its Strawberry Festival, on May 14-15 and May 21-22.
- Where to get a good taco in Lexington
- New Lexington experience lets your craft your own bottle of bourbon, rye
- Best burrito in Kentucky, according to Yelp
- Meal Time Monday
According to Eckert’s, the festival will offer guests live music, a petting zoo, and homemade seasonal foods. Once strawberries are available, guests can visit Eckert’s strawberry fields to pick the fresh fruit Tuesday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for $3 per person, children under 2 years old are free.
The Eckert’s website offers tips for picking fruit, “Pro tip. Pick early in the morning while the berries are still cool. Store your strawberries in the fridge for up to three days.”
Opportunities to Pick-Your-Own will continue after strawberry season with blackberries in June, peaches from July to mid-August, and apples in mid-August.
LATEST KENTUCKY NEWS:
Fresh fruit on your plate
If turning your hand-picked produce into something special isn’t for you then Eckert’s culinary partners in Lexington and Versailles might have something for you.
Eckert’s has partnered with several local restaurants to offer dishes with Eckert’s fresh produce throughout the 2022 Pick-Your-Own season, beginning with strawberries in early-to-mid May.
“We always look forward to opening our doors for the season, and this year is extra special because we partnered with local restaurants and their culinary teams to create limited-time dishes on their menus, utilizing the pick-your-own produce. Look to our restaurant partners for specialty desserts, teas, cocktails and more,” said Eckert’s Orchard Farm Manager Megan Fields.
Each of Eckert’s Orchard’s restaurant partners will create seasonal, limited-time specials with Eckert’s in-season, pick-your-own crop. Eckert’s partners include:
- Missy’s Pie Shop (502 E High St, Lexington, KY 40502): Strawberry season
- Whiskey Bear Neighborhood Bourbon Bar and Bottle Shop (262 N Limestone Lexington KY 40507): Strawberry, blackberry, peach, and apple seasons
- Doodle’s Breakfast and Lunch (262 N Limestone Lexington KY 40507): Strawberry, blackberry, peach, and apple seasons
- Spark Community Café (175 N. Main St., Versailles, KY 40383): Strawberry, blackberry, peach, and apple seasons
- The Kentucky Castle (230 Pisgah Pike Versailles KY 40383): Strawberry, blackberry, peach, and apple seasons
- Vinaigrette Salad Kitchen (1781 Sharkey Way Suite 115 Lexington KY 40511; 113 N. Broadway Lexington KY 40507; 2200 War Admiral Way Lexington KY 40509; 3735 Palomar Centre Drive Suite 180 Lexington KY 40513): Strawberry, blackberry, and peach seasons
- Zim’s Café (215 W Main St UNIT 25, Lexington, KY 40507): Strawberry, blackberry, peach, and apple seasons
- Sutton’s Italian Restaurant (110 N. Locust Hill Dr. Lexington, KY 40509): Strawberry, blackberry, peach, and apple seasons
- Rolling Oven Taproom (140 Court Street Versailles, KY 40383): Strawberry, blackberry, peach, and apple seasons
- Amsden Coffee Shop (151 S Main St, Versailles, KY 40383): Strawberry, blackberry, and peach seasons